When You Can’t Trust People
Do you have trouble trusting others?
We have been created to be in community with other people. Humans are at their best when we are getting along and loving each other.
When you don’t trust people, it is bad for your mental and physical wellbeing.
You will suffer with three major problems when you have trust issues.
- You have baggage that must be dealt with. Not being able to trust is a nature and nurture thing.
- You will always expect the worse.
- You are suspicious of the motives of everyone.
- You will always look at the behavior of others in a negative way.
- You expect lies.
- You will keep people at a distance.
- Your relationships will always be on a superficial level.
- Even when you try to take a relationship deeper you look for something to go wrong. And when you look for wrong, you will see wrong even if its not there.
You have to trust God.
They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. Ps 112:7
No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. 1 John 4:12