Tempted To Be Quiet
The Sequel – Book Of Acts #7
While Peter and John were speaking to the people, they were confronted by the priests, the captain of the Temple guard, and some of the Sadducees. 2 These leaders were very disturbed that Peter and John were teaching the people that through Jesus there is a resurrection of the dead. 3 They arrested them and, since it was already evening, put them in jail until morning. 4 But many of the people who heard their message believed it, so the number of men who believed now totaled about 5,000. Acts 4:1-4
LEAP – Listen – Engage – Apply – Produce
They brought in the two disciples and demanded, “By what power, or in whose name, have you done this?” Acts 4:7
The Truth About Telling Others About Jesus
1) You will be challenged when you show and tell Jesus.
2) When the Truth is told people will believe.
3) Be patient with unbelievers because God is patient.
4) The truth is Good news and bad news. Tell truth and let the Holy Spirit do the transformational work.
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them. Acts 4:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere.. Acts 1:8
5) Grow the love and change the world one person at a time. (Relational)
But since they could see the man who had been healed standing right there among them, there was nothing the council could say. Acts 4:14
6) Your proof is your changed life. (Butology)
The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13
7) God uses ordinary people who are willing.
8) Your power is in the name of Jesus. (Attitide)
Let me clearly state to all of you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed by the powerful name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the man you crucified but whom God raised from the dead.
There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12
9) Your faith experience will give you more confidence in trusting God.
So they called the apostles back in and commanded them never again to speak or teach in the name of Jesus.
19 But Peter and John replied, “Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? 20 We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard.” Acts 4:18-20
10) Your obedience will lead to your praising God.
The council then threatened them further, but they finally let them go because they didn’t know how to punish them without starting a riot. For everyone was praising God 22 for this miraculous sign—the healing of a man who had been lame for more than forty years.
PASTOR ROYAL FARRIS