A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Eph 6:10
Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Eph 6:11
1) Know your enemy.
For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Eph 6:12
Spiritual pain will cause emotional and physical pain.
Strategies of the Enemy
- He blinds the unbeliever to God’s light. 2 Cor 4:3-4
- He intercepts the receiving of God’s Word. Matt 13:19
- He tricks with signs and wonders both unbelievers and believers. Matt 24:24
- He uses people to discourage Acts 13:8
- He creates situations to keep people from helping 1 Thes 2:17-18
6) He makes it difficult, painful, to be a Christian. (persecution) Rev 2:10
How To Stay Battle Ready
- You defeat a powerful spirit with the all powerful, all knowing, always present Spirit.
Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Eph 6:13
- Truth is the foundation to stand firm against all attacks of the enemy.
Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. Eph 6:14
- Righteousness protects the heart .
- Righteous living.
- Walk in peace and take peace to those in need.
For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. Eph 6:15
- Protection by faith in the promises and the power of God.
In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Eph 6:16
- Let God control and renew your mind.
Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Eph 6:17
- Your sword, offense, is the Word of God.
- Keep your spiritual antenna up at all times.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Eph 6:18