“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. Is 55:8
Main Goal of Prayer: To know God. The better we know God the better we know His will.
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matt 5:3 NIV
Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.10 May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Matt 6:9-10
Are you in the attitude of desiring God’s will over your own?
Seek his will in all you do,and he will show you which path to take. Prov 3:6
Human Confusion About God’s Will
1) We want clear no doubt directions.
- It’s about the presence or relationship with God.
2) We think if it’s God’s will it will be painful.
- When you are in God’s will there is peace, joy, love, confidence
O Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety,for the Lord was watching over me. Psalm 3:1,3,5
3) God only communicates his will to high level holy people.
34 Mary asked the angel, “But how can this happen? I am a virgin.”
35 The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God.
38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her. Luke 1:34,35,38
To know God’s will is to be;
Commit to God before you know His will and then work with what you have been given.
4) It’s too late for me.
5) We can’t know God’s will or we have to work hard to figure it out.
- Start where you are. (promises and premises)
- Sometimes God gives amazing you know it’s God direction.
- We learn from God’s people.
- We gather God’s wisdom as we obey.
- We are guided by God’s Spirit
15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. 18 Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, Eph 5:15-18