The best way to get to know anyone is to value the person, spend time with, and listen.
O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. Ps 63:1
“Prayer is the central avenue God uses to transform us” …”In real prayer we begin to think God’s thoughts after Him”… Richard Foster
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Eph 6:18
Make sure you are engaged with God before you pray, pray all the time, and generously pray for others.
Why is prayer important?
1) Jesus modeled it, as the way to know the Father, and ignoring the Father is pride.
2) God provides and He knows what is best. You will want the right thing if you know God.
Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. James 4:2
Four Answers: No … Not Yet … Yes …This is better.
3) It’s how you turn control over to God.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Phil 4:6
What Is The Secret To Good Prayer?
“Lord, teach us to pray”… Luke 11:1
1) Look to God as your Heavenly Father.
“Father, may your name be kept holy.” Luke 11:2
2) Respect God for being God.
All knowing, powerful, and present
3) Make God’s will your will as opposed to asking God to accept your will..
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Luke 11:2b KJV
4) Ask for your daily needs. This will encourage praying about everything.
Give us each day the food we need Luke 11:3
5) Confess your disobedience. (agree)
and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Luke 11:4
6) Ask for help resisting sin. You will be tempted.
And don’t let us yield to temptation. Luke 11:4
Stay In Prayer (SIP)
… they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. 3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. Psalm 1:2-3