Ten Things Men Want
Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. Rom 5:1-2
Epic Fail: If we make another human our source for love and significance, our needs will never be met ..
You cannot base your relationship on the ability of your spouse to meet your needs. Although, it is your job to put the needs of your spouse above your own.
Husbands and wives…submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Eph 5:21
If you want to improve your relationship with your spouse, improve your relationship with God.
10 Things Men Want
1) He wants you to understand he won’t always understand. (Don’t be mad about it)
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19
2) He wants intimacy …. Sex is way more than just sex to a man.
Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again so that Satan won’t be able to tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Cor 7:5
3) He wants a cheerleader.
The tongue can bring death or life…Prov 18:21
4) He wants to be your hero. (Admiration, Respect)
5) He wants you to speak his love language.
Affirmation, Acts of service, Gifts, Quality time, Physical touch
6) He wants to know he is loved no matter what and above anyone else. He wants you in his corner on his side.
7) He wants you to have like interests.
8) He wants you to care about how you look.
9) He wants a peaceful home environment.
10) He wants a spiritual partner.
No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. 1 John 4:12