In the beginning … Very good … No sin
Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! Gen 1:31
15 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.” Gen 2:15-17
God never intended man to decide what’s right and what’s wrong. (Pride)
1) Adam brought sin into the world and sin ruled.
Adam’s sin was passed down and it is our sin.
Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too. 7 At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves. Gen 3:6-7
2) Sin brought death. So death ruled.
Spiritual death. Separated from God. Now and throughout eternity.
If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die. Gen 2:17
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev 20:15
3) Christ came to restore life through grace. Life Rules
- Christ grace more powerful than Adam’s sin.
- Grace forgives sin. Vs 15
- Forgiveness of sin makes man right with God.
- Through Christ … We live with power over sin.
4) When we accept the grace gift of Jesus;
Our relationship with God is restored
God’s Word gives us direction to live and to grow in spiritual maturity.
God’s Spirit is our counselor, our experience in the presence of God
We receive a promise of eternity in God’s glory.