I had a pastor for years who I really admired and I respected him so much I was always afraid to approach him. Since he was an obvious man of God, and I was no where close to being godly, I would watch him from a distance. Years later I had an opportunity to really meet him and I found out he was a great compassionate, loving person. I still regret today the years I kept him at a distance.
Who is God to you? When you think about God and your relationship to Him, who do you think He is, do you feel you can relate to Him? When you think of talking to God or relating to Him, this is an important question.
Did you know that God cares for you?
- Do you know how much God loves you?
- Do you know that God wants you to allow Him into every part of your life?
- Do you know He always knows what is best for you?
- Do you know He cares about the smallest details in your life as a loving Father would, but He knows all the details because He is God?
- Do you know that He will let you make choices that are harmful to you so you will learn how important it is to obey Him?
- Did you know He is a personal God, he is right there with you always?
- Do you know He will not force himself on you and that he is upset when you force him away from you?
- Did you know that through His Son Jesus Christ He forgives you completely and wipes the slate clean so you can start over fresh?
- Did you know that by seeking God out, through His Son Jesus, you can know Him and the more you get to know Him the more you know His will for your life?
- Do you know that He loves you , but He will not force you to love Him?
What you know about God, and how you see God, is very important to the way you relate to Him.
A survey was done a few years ago asking people what kind of God our Father in Heaven is, and here are the results.
31% believe in an “Authoritarian God” who is angry at humanity’s sins and engaged in every creature’s life and world affairs.
23% believe in a “Benevolent God” who is forgiving and accepting of anyone who repents.
16% believe in a “Critical God” who has his judgmental eye on the world, but he’s not going to intervene, either to punish or comfort.
24% believe in a “Distant God” who is more of a cosmic force that launched the world, then left it spinning on its own.
Source: Cathy Lynn Grossman, “America’s Image of God Varies,” USAToday.com (9/11/06)
We know this …. Jesus said when you pray … Call him “Your Father in Heaven“. And he is not like the earthly father you had. Your father may have been a good father, but God is a prefect Father.
And He is all about love … Perfect Love
We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16
How do you see God? Do you seem Him differenlty when certain thing are happening in your life?