Romans is a “stuff you need to know” letter.
It’s important as a Christian that you believe…
- That Jesus really lived fully human while still being fully God.
- That Jesus died voluntarily. It was the plan.
- That Jesus came back to life from the grave.
These are non-negotiables.
And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless. 1 Cor 15:14
The Good News is About God
God promised this Good News long ago through his prophets in the holy Scriptures. Vs 2
1) Christianity is not a new religion. It is the continuation and fulfillment of the Old Testament faith.
Here is the door thrown open wide for the understanding of the Holy Scriptures, that is, that everything must be understood in relation to Christ, especially in the case of prophecy. ~ Martin Luther
2) You can trust God. He keeps His promises.
3) The Bible is Holy and from God.
The Good News is About God’s Son
3 The Good News is about his Son. In his earthly life he was born into King David’s family line, 4 and he was shown to be the Son of God when he was raised from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is Jesus Christ our Lord. 5 Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.
1) Jesus came to earth as a human in the line of King David. (God-Man) 3-4
And [as to His divine nature] according to the Spirit of holiness was openly designated the Son of God in power vs 4 AMP
For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. Col 2:9
The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. Rom 8:3
2) Died and was raised from the dead. Vs 4
3) Brought God’s grace and love to everyone. Vs 5
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
6 And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. 7 I am writing to all of you in Rome who are loved by God and are called to be his own holy people.
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace. Vs 6-7
We are called to be God’s Holy people.
Have you answered the call?