Why is understanding the one I love so hard?
18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” …20 …still there was no helper just right for him.
21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the LORD God took out one of the man’s ribsand closed up the opening. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man.
24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
Answer: We are _______________ but we need our
…It is not good for man to be alone…. We have been created to love and be loved.
Love is very, very, very, very important…..
When we first fall in love … The feelings overpower the mind and the heart….
- Dating is important
- Premarital counseling is important
- Save married life for married life
Early on it is important that you build on your love bank investments….. You put in more than you take out…. And build a discipline of giving over taking.
More important than feeling like we love is that the person who is the object of that love feels loved.
Learning to Speak Love
The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman www.5lovelanguages.com
Reminder: Always important to see things from other’s perspective.
1) Words of Affirmation.
The tongue can bring death or life…Prov 18:21
- Encouraging words
- Kind words
- Humble words (Let the past be history)
- Brag on in public
2) Quality Time (Giving individual attention)
- Active listening (let finish)
- Quality Conversation
- Interest in others interests
3) Receiving Gifts
- Generous with self and money
4) Acts of Service
- Difference in serving out of love and serving for the sake of self.
- Make important because important to other.
5) Physical Touch
- Do not confuse with sexual touch
- If physical touch is not important to you then you could go days or weeks without touching the other person.
- Need to realize if you have a problem with physical touch. (abuse)
Remember love is not a feeling. It is action and you love even when you don’t feel like love.