15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. 16 But do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. 17 Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong! 1 Pet 3:15-17
Unchurched: People who are away from God.
- Non Christian never been churched. Never accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior
- Once churched ….. Been away from church and the dealings of God for a long time.
- Between churches…..
Truth: Perception is everything.
What do the Unchurched think about Christians?
1) Unchurched believe that we consider ourselves insiders and consider them outsiders.
Swagger: “Most people I meet assume that Christian means very conservative, entrenched in their thinking, antigay, anti choice, angry, violent, illogical, empire builders; they want to convert everyone, and they generally cannot live peacefully with anyone who doesn’t believe what they believe.” UnChristian, Kinnaman and Lyons
2) I don’t think my lifestyle would be accepted.
3) They criticize others for doing the same thing they do
4) I can have a good relationship with God without the church.
5) The church is not the only place you can learn about being a Christian.
6) If someone wanted to tell me about what it means to him/her to be a Christian, I would be willing to listen.
7) I would be willing to study the Bible if a friend asked me to.
8) If a friend told me he recently became a new Christian he could have a positive effect on our relationship.
9) If the church taught me the Bible in an undersatandable way that relates to my life now, I would attend.
10) If the church cared for me as a person I would come.
11) I would go to a small group of people to learn about the Bible.
12) Great music is not that big of a deal.
The truth of Theology is the reason for my butological experience.
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:16-17
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Rom 3:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 6:23
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Rom 10:9-10
For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Rom 10:13
5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!” John 14:5-7
You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. 2 Tim 3:15-17