Weekly Note to LCCers .. www.lifeconnectionchurch.org
Man… It is so HOT today …. How hot is it? .. It is so hot that I saw two birds in our backyard using potholders to pull a worm out of the ground.
Sorry for the cheese. That’s about the cleanest and somewhat funniest one I could find. Anyway …. I hope you are having a great week. Don’t forget…. No matter what your week is like, God is good, He is all powerful, He is all knowing, and He wants to take whatever is going on in your life this week and make it work for the best. So thank God for the blessings you see and consider it “all good for the later” the things that are not so good or even really painful right now. They are blessings too.
I have been reading Psalm 51 this morning. It is a Psalm King David wrote after he was confronted by the prophet Nathan for having an affair with Bathsheba and having her husband killed. As you can imagine, David was being eat up from the inside out with guilt and feeling very disconnected from God because of the unconfessed sin in His life. So, he writes this Psalm of grief, agreement, confession and repentance. He is getting right with God.
My kids have always joked that what they always hear from me is connect, connect, connect. Our church is called Life Connection Church because I realized as a counselor the importance of Connection with God and people in emotional, spiritual, and even physical healing. Love God, Love People as per commanded by Jesus.
I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. 4 Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. 7 Purify me from my sins,and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 8 Oh, give me back my joy again;
He is saying, “I have done all this stuff that has put distance between us. I am sorry…. Take away my sin.. Make me pure so I can reconnect with you and get back my inner peace and joy.”
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. 11 Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spiritfrom me.
He says, “Give me back the strength to remain loyal and focused on you. Stay connected with me through your Holy Spirit”
We talked last week about real connection with God comes through a sacrificial lifestyle of worship staying connected with God the Father through Jesus Christ. (Rom 12:1-2)
David goes on:
17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
“If I stay humble”, David says, “I will keep my connection with you oh God.”
The other connection that is important for the Christian is the connection we have with each other. In the olden days people were at church all week long. I know as a modern day pastor that is not going to happen. But I also know, as a somewhat social network savvy pastor, there are other ways to stay connected when we are not at church.
I and we (LCC) are working to get ourselves more and more places online that we as a church can keep connected and you as a LCCer can get your friends and family connected to us so we can do ministry and introduce people to the family of LCC. It is a great way to show someone, as opposed to just telling them, the ministry that comes from LCC.
- We are on facebook, twitter.
- We have videos on youtube and vimeo. (I am uploading videos of our Sunday morning messages and other video blogs on different topics)
- I write a blog you can subscribe to and it will send you emails when I make a new post. You can forward to friends posts you think may interest them,
- You can post, on your phone, your arrival at LCC on Sunday mornings so your friends see where you spend your Sunday mornings.
- You can comment on our and each others posts to keep weekly connections and conversations going.
- We will have online live video stream Bible studies. Your friends in other parts of the country can join you and discuss the Bible study you are attending online.
- Like our Facebook page for LCC and look for other LCCers to make your friends. You can comment on the page and start discussions with others through the LCC FB page.
It is so exciting to me the opportunities that the internet have made possible for us to connect with each other, our friends, and the world. If you have any other ideas on the subject please let me know.
Check out the links below for video from Sunday….. Let’s Stay connected during the week…..
- June 26, 2011 Sunday Teaching – Heart Connection With God
- Two Minutes on Sunday June 26, 2011 at LCC
You Can Subscribe to my Blog Here …. E-Royal
Be my friend on Facebook here ….. Facebook
On follow me on Twitter here ….. Royal Farris Twitter
Subscribe to Our Online Bible Study Page — Life Support TV http://www.ustream.tv/channel/life-support-tv
See you Sunday
Your brotha from anotha motha