A perfect meal for football games and fall/winter weather is Taco Soup. The other day I updated my Facebook that we were having Taco Soup and several people expressed an interest in the recipe…..
So here it is….
- Ground beef 1 – 1.5 lbs
- Ranch Style Beans – One 15 oz can (w/ jalapenos is good)
- Can of diced tomatoes – 10 oz
- Diced Rotel tomatoes – 10 oz
- Tomato Sauce – 15 oz can
- Taco Seasoning Mix Packet
- Sweet Corn (Creamed) 14 oz
- Corn – (Mexican if available) 15 oz
- Tortilla Chips – Fritos are good too
- Sour Cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
I like to add peas, but my wife doesn’t…..
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In a soup pot add to meat all ingredients except chips, sour cream, and cheese..(Don’t drain juice from cans)
- Bring to a slow boil and then simmer for ten minutes stirring occasionally.
- Thin with water if needed.
- Ladle into large bowls
- Top w/ chips, sour cream, and cheese……onions and jalapenos good too…
This is good stuff and if you make enough you can eat leftovers for days….